Faith is contagious: For entrepreneurs, six things that I learnt
That’s right, Faith is contagious, especially if you are an entrepreneur, you would need lots of it and that too, every single day of your life.
I started my digital agency, Techdivine Creative Services on March 2010 with nothing more than a ‘glimmer of hope’, which was, in simple terms, just ‘faith‘ that I had about this venture and that faith was, “If I work, this will too”.
I am eagerly awaiting to enter into my 6th year of entrepreneurship this March 2016 and even today, all I keep for myself everyday is FAITH.
I love working with brands and technology products and I ensure that I keep learning new things, upgrading my skills and knowledge in this field every single day.
Recently as a Digital agency, my company crossed yet another milestone by using social media digital marketing for our client brand partners (Click here to read: Rs.3.2 Crores of sales ROI using social media marketing campaigns).
Earlier this week, I met another entrepreneur (who had started his venture in 2014) who was sitting in the flight, in the seat next to mine, who asked me to share few things that I had learned during the past six years.
Here are SIX points (from my journey of six years of entrepreneurship so far) that I always keep in mind, each and every single day, which have helped me over the years:
- Entrepreneurship is not a sprint, it is a marathon, an ultra-marathon. It’s about endurance.
- Nothing will work unless you do.
- People will love you, hate you, worship you, ignore you, adore you, dislike you, respect you, disrespect you, welcome you, diss you and none of it will have anything to do with you. So keep your focus on.
- If you want people to take you or your brand or your business seriously, you have to adapt with time. No one will invest in your business if you don’t. So invest in other people and their skills or knowledge. Acknowledge their time and their expertise and invest in them to learn from them. For eg, if you want to empower your brand or business using social media digital marketing, learn from courses or workshops or digital marketing books that will help you do so. Implement successful strategies for your business by learning from ‘minds’ and entrepreneurs who have made it happen and or making it happen. Nothing valuable ever comes for Free. Resentment, failure to acknowledge others accomplishments, jealousy has never gotten anyone anything valuable in life. So appreciate others efforts and their journey from time to time! It will gradually change ‘positively’ the way you look at your own life.
- No hour or minute of any day will be the same (this is true in the case of every individual, but especially true in the case of an entrepreneur). In a single day, you may experience joy, shock, success, failure, both personal and business, social and personal, financial and medical etc and to be honest there is nothing we can do about it. If you are lucky, you will have family or friends to stand by you, if not, you will have sleepless nights. In either of the cases, you need to get up and keep moving on ahead anyway. Whatever you do, don’t stop.
- When you are an entrepreneur, work towards financial business goals with an attitude that you are the only person who can support your family and business (even if you have a business partner or a second and or third income in your home). You will soon experience that your sense of urgency to achieve and accomplish increases manifold. You work much harder, your focus and discipline in life becomes impeccable. You will come across ups and downs like you could have never imagined, but make sure you don’t splurge your time and money on anything other than ‘what is really essential’. This is so that, if at all things go beyond your control or wrong (which at some point or the other, it surely will), the only thing you can blame is ‘time and that too, just for that single moment’ and then move on and not blame yourself. Get up, dust off and keep running!
Most importantly, surround yourself with people who have the same mission or goal as yours.
We don’t know what the future has in store for us.
We keep reading stories of how successful businesses have suddenly collapsed, the rags to riches story etc, but the only thing that matters is, have you during these tough times, kept the faith within!
If you ask me to summarize my journey so far, I would simply and honestly like to say, “I am just getting started. I have no clue what the future has in store for me. Life has definitely humbled me enough over the years, for me to accept that I am not the one in control of my destiny. Whatever it is, for me, the learning curve never ends”.
My QUOTE for LIFE and Success has always been this:
“Life does not cheer the meek and the timid. It applauds the dreamers, the adventurers and those bold enough to rise above horizons and chase their dreams. It does not matter what you were or even what you are today. The only thing that will matter is the legacy you finally leave behind.
Did you become all that you are capable of becoming? Did you achieve your dreams while all around you thought you were chasing illusions?”
I am reminded of this image about Success and Entrepreneurship and this is one of my all time favorites.
For all you entrepreneurs and dreamers out there, do share your comments and views with me here about your experiences and learning.
Would love to hear from you.
Popular Posts this week: