#55SecsOrLess To Read: 5 ways to invite legal ramifications in digital marketing
With so much of content being generated and available online, it’s only obvious to have an urge to re-share content that you find is useful, insightful, engaging and resourceful.
But there are rules to follow and abide by when it comes to promoting your own “ADS” using someone else’s content without their permission.
I love when users and readers re-share my content. I always make it a point to THANK THEM one way or another.
At the same time, I am strictly against using someone else’s content for generating your own business or promotions without their written approval to do so, especially with auto-redirect url’s.
#55SecsOrLess to Read series BEGINS HERE for this post: 5 ways to “invite legal ramifications” in digital marketing and sabotage your brand:
- Use others content or blog posts without their permission and add your own ADVERTISEMENTS with it with no due credit.
- Use someone else’s brand name or website link to push or boost your own brand as a “hidden url link that auto redirects to your sponsored site”. This is the worst of all, since in the above case you can at least remove the content if the brand or user opposes it and your promotion format is out in the open!
- Share contact details of your customers and or clients online.
- Tag digital influencers or social media users or professionals online with a sponsored creative ad without their permission.
- Running a business and not familiarizing with the core rules of doing so. Repeating offense without any thought about it’s legal ramifications especially when third parties are involved and offended.
Of all the points above, point no.2 is worst.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse!
So ensure that you do not do any of the above 5 points to safeguard your brand and others. Grow with Mutual respect and recognition. Every one is putting their heart and soul into building something wonderful. Don’t take undue advantage. Instead, work amicably and grow together.
Have you experienced something like this? Do share your views.
Do share your thoughts, would love to hear from you.