#55SecsOrLess To Read 5 tips to find the balance as an entrepreneur today
“No job is easy and not every job can be necessarily that fulfilling, which is why one gets paid to do the same” ~ I heard this quote from the passengers sitting next to me on an airplane this week. The two of them seemed to be old acquaintances who had met after a long gap.
True, no job is easy, but having worked for about 7-8 years in the corporate world prior to starting Techdivine Creative Services, my digital agency 7 years ago in March 2010, I can say that being an entrepreneur takes its toll on your life, both professional and personal like no other. But, lucky for me, I love what I do!
In fact, today, the way the corporate world is slowly changing, I feel that the key decision makers, business heads of multinational corporations across the globe think more like entrepreneurs than employees in the sense that they take more ownership, are more accountable than ever and need to strike that balance between managing employees, peers, colleagues, superiors, clients, family, friends and most importantly, themselves in the process as they face challenges day in and out.
So here are 5 tips for the Entrepreneur in you to find that balance and have a refreshing start to your day:
- Start early: I start my day on an average around 4:30 am since years now and it helps. It helps me start the work early, think clearly and focus better.
- Unwind: Do anything that is legal, ethical and refreshing which would let you unwind. For me it’s running.
- Spend time with your friends, family and loved ones: Take time out every now and then to do this not once a week or a month, but every single day. Nothing beats time with those who care about you and who you care for too.
- Love what you do: You have to love what you do for a living or it will eventually take the wind out of you. If you find yourself yearning for that weekend at the end of every week, then its high time you found something else to do!
- Keep learning: The learning curve never ends. Keep learning something new, upgrade your skills in your industry, join corporate training employee development programs if available in your company, learn skills that help you relax for eg. meditation, yoga, music, writing etc too
Being an entrepreneur is not a 9 – 5 job, its full time and its for life. So you need to be there physically and mentally every single day and be prepared for things to go either way at any given point of time at the blink of an eye.
But like the old quote goes,
“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Mae West”
Have a great life ahead.
Best Regards & BE WELL
Popular Links and posts this week:
- BBC Knowledge Speaker at National Digital Marketing Awards on Digital Strategy, Digital Transformation, Customer experience and Journey
- Podcast on omnichannel Digital Marketing
- 5 tips for designing digital marketing strategy for any industry
- Add Value, educate, entertain to boost your digital marketing strategy
- Digital marketing, most popular posts this month
- 4 ways, learning digital marketing can boost your career
- Strategy, Technology, Management, Digital Marketing for best Customer experience
- 12 strategies for successful digital marketing campaigns in the UAE – DUBAI
- Integrating big rocks theory with your digital marketing strategy
- 2.3 LAC+ Users Reached and 3.8 MILLION+ impressions at our Advanced Corporate Digital Marketing hands-on case study based Training for 50 PGP participants IIM INDORE