Burger King supports Mcdonald’s Cancer cause with “A Day Without Whopper”
It’s a rare occasion when you see a competitor showcasing support for their biggest rival by joining hands. Well, that’s literally what happened here.
McDonald’s (McD) was doing a charity cause (apparently as they do every year) in Argentina, by donating a percentage of the proceeds from sale of the big mac on a particular day for cancer patients (children). (The video embedded below is from their 2017 campaign)
Burger King (BK), to showcase their support, said, they won’t sell their biggest seller WHOPPER on that day to get McDonald’s more footfalls and sales. Not only did Burger King do that, but they also encouraged customers who came to their counters and outlets to go and get the burger from McDonald’s on that particular day. To make it even more amazing, they went out there dressed in their iconic brand costume and even purchased a burger from McDonald’s.
Check out the video below, in which you can even hear one of the employees applauding BK’s support for their cause. Also, the original post from the source massimplemx. The video is from the upload date of the campaign of 2017
Have you seen an ad lately and felt it was truly spectacular? Do share the link with me here in the comments below.
- Advertising, favourite top ads: India
- How to use content strategy for digital marketing success
- You have LOST social media marketing without these online advertising strategies
- Social networking sites and online safety measures for kids
- Corporate training digital marketing
- best digital agency social media ROI campaigns
- Most influential digital marketing leaders
- Digital Strategy speaker